Storytelling for Coaches
A good story evokes emotion through conflict and high stakes. Something needs to spark the hero to take a step onto the road to becoming all that they may be. There are events along the route that will elicit emotional responses from the hero that need support and management. In this course coaches will learn how to enter into a client’s story and identify the themes and patterns that shape behavior, thinking and emotion.
Mentor Agility’s trauma informed coaches are trained with specific skill sets for behavior change helping clients reconfigure their self narrative, set goals, increase motivation, generate accountability and increase performance. Coaches learn how to work with trauma, burnout, and stress to alleviate distress and help clients make better choices. By assisting clients in adjusting everyday behaviors to support resiliency, overall health and wellness, improve habits, reduce stress and create a new story that excites and motivates the client, coaches can help clients move into a growth mindset and get their lives on a track with creativity and excitement.
What makes our coaching approach distinctive from other programs is our application of the coaching core competencies through the lens of storytelling. Trainees will learn how to use the step-by-step coaching process using the playful and imaginative Hero’s Journey® Change Model designed to ignite clients intrinsic motivation.
Learn how to frame client’s internal and external conflict as a catalyst to spark creativity, personal growth and apply storytelling methods to help clients become the hero of their own stories.
- Using story as a coaching approach for client engagement.
- What is the roll of characters in a clients’ story?
- Are metaphors important in understanding a story?
- What should you listen for in a clients’ story?
- What is the connection between metaphor, story, emotions and questions?
- Using client stories to create action and goal achievement.
- Understanding a clients’ narrative and how to redirect negative self-story.
- What is the sub-text of a clients’ story?
- Identify trends in clients behavior and emotions across sessions to discern themes and patterns using story
- Evoke awareness and insights by exploring the use of powerful questions and metaphor.
- Analyze story and systematically explore specific concerns and opportunities that are central to the clients’ stories and agreed upon goals
- Challenge clients to challenge self-defeating stories
- Connect how stories are templates for understanding how human beings solve problems.
- Units: 8
- Instructors: Dr. John Bucher PCC
- Schedule: 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, 11/16. 10:00 – 12:00pm MST (Denver)
- Language: English
- Prerequisite: High School Degree
- Investment: $482.00
Who should take this certification?
- Creativity Coaches
- Life Coaches
- Business Coaches
- Leadership Coaches
- Executive Coaches
- Virtual Coaches
- Group Coaches
- Health & Wellness Coaches