STORY QUEST WALKS
As the inspiration for humans first stories, the natural world and its elemental archetypes were woven into myths and tales that our earliest ancestors used to tame their fears and learn how to relate to the world.
Mentor Agility’s trauma informed coaches are trained with specific skill sets for behavior change helping clients reconfigure their self narrative, set goals, increase motivation, generate accountability and increase performance. Coaches learn how to work with trauma, burnout, and stress to alleviate distress and help clients make better choices. By assisting clients in adjusting everyday behaviors to support resiliency, overall health and wellness, improve habits, reduce stress and create a new story that excites and motivates the client, coaches can help clients move into a growth mindset and get their lives on a track with creativity and excitement.
What makes our coaching approach distinctive from other programs is our application of the coaching core competencies through the lens of storytelling. Trainees will learn how to use the step-by-step coaching process using the playful and imaginative Hero’s Journey® Change Model designed to ignite clients intrinsic motivation.
In this course you will deep dive into both the power of nature and the power of story, learning how to guide clients on a self inquiry journey set in the natural world through Story Quest Walks. Using both ancient and modern stories, coaches will learn how to overcome clients’ resistance to change and to unlock creative expression.
- Facilitate client insight and learning using the tools of nature and storytelling
- Challenge clients to explore beyond their current thinking with powerful questions and storytelling
- Develop the ability for the coach to use awareness of self and personal intuition to benefit client
- Deepen understanding of how people make sense of the world through natureUnderstand ethics when using stories and traditions from other cultures
- Units: 12
- Instructors: Dr. Julie Elledge
- Schedule: 8/18 – 9/15 plus self-paced material
- Language: English
- Prerequisite: High School Degree