A good story evokes emotion through conflict and high stakes. Something needs to spark the hero to take a step onto the road to becoming all that they may be. There are events along the route that will elicit emotional responses from the hero that need support and management. In this course coaches will learn how to enter into a client’s story and identify the themes and patterns that shape behavior, thinking and emotion.
Learn how to frame client’s internal and external conflict as a catalyst to spark creativity, personal growth and apply storytelling methods to help clients become the hero of their own stories.
- Identify trends in clients behavior and emotions across sessions to discern themes and patterns using story
- Evoke awareness and insights by exploring the use of powerful questions and metaphor
- Analyze story and systematically explore specific concerns and opportunities that are central to the clients’ stories and agreed upon goals
- Challenge clients to challenge self-defeating stories
- Connect how stories are templates for understanding how human beings solve problems