PLANT-BASED DIET STRATEGIES FOR HEALTH AND WELLNESS COACHES
This is an online workshop focused on acclimating your clients to a plant based diet for health or other reasons. A plant based diet can benefit many people with health issues related to heart disease, cholesterol, weight loss, or other reasons. Many clients shun plant based diets for reasons of being acclimated to meat proteins, the belief that meat protein is important for its delivery of protein for vitality and performance, perceived lack of palatability of plant based meals, fear of preparing good tasting plant based meals and other reasons. This course, taught by a certified Organic Chef and Nutritional Consultant extolls the myths surrounding a plant based diet, the benefits of plant based eating and provides information on building meal plans, recipes and food preparation for your plant based clients.
Eight weekly one-hour sessions
- Identify the myths that keep people from plant based diets;
- Describe the benefits of plant based diets, both in terms of the health of your clients and the health of the planet. Demonstrate recipes and techniques for preparing delicious, nutritious and satisfying meals with plant based meal plans.
- Develop strategies for meal planning to optimize macro and micro nutrients, menu variety, calorie management and other fears related to plant based eating.
What is a plant based diet?
Vegan, or plant based diets utilize ingredients and cooking aids (e.g. oils) that are not derived from animals.
How will a plant based diet help the health of my clients?
A plant based diet contributes to a longer life and helps lower cholesterol, and reduce the risk of heart and cardiovascular disease. It improves the health of the gut and gastro intestinal tract. It eliminates the ingestion of hormones and antibiotics found in commercial meat and poultry.
What are the benefits of a plant based diet?
A plant based diet provides multiple benefits to personal health, including; A plant based diet provides multiple benefits to personal health, including;
• Weight management;
• Avoidance of hormones and antibiotics found in many commercial beef, poultry and other meat products and by products.
• The lack of saturated fats found in red meats and poultry products helps lower serum cholesterol and related cardio-vascular disease;
• Higher dietary fiber levels help minimize gastro intestinal diseases;
• Aids digestion;
• Propagation of beneficial dietary flora;
• Lowered calorie intake due to fats;
• Lowers risk of heart disease;
• Calorie management leading to weight loss;
• Livestock are responsible for 7% of greenhouse gases;
• Over 1/4th of the planet’s ice free land mass is dedicated to livestock;
PLANT BASED DIET STRATEGIES FOR HW COACHES
Ryan Elledge, Certified Organic Chef and Nutritional Consultant
Session One: The myths and realities of a plant based diet.
Session Two: You will learn the basic food groups of a plant based diet and their roles in balanced nutrition.
Session Three: You will learn the macro and micro nutrients found in the food groups and strategies for meal and menu planning.
Session Four: You will learn how to address specific health needs through plant based meal planning;
Session Five: You will learn the basics of plant based food preparation to optimize flavor, texture, visual appeal, preserving key nutrients, ant the like.
Session Six: You will learn 5 recipes that form a basis for a diverse plant based menu;
Session Seven: You will learn advanced recipes and techniques for plant based menu planning;
Session Eight: You will learn the essentials of sharing your plant based meals with non-vegan friends and family
WHAT OTHER COSTS CAN BE EXPECTED?
You may want to purchase the ingredients for the foods being prepared during the course;
WHAT DO I NEED TO PARTICIPATE?
An open mind; care for personal health and the planet; basic cooking skills;
HOW DO I FOLLOW UP?
Once your sign up for the course you will receive an email with how to log on for the course.