Hero’s Journey® Change Model
The Hero’s Journey® Change Model presents a novel representation of the behavior change process and coaching core competencies. The eight-stage process engages and inspires clients to see themselves as the hero of their own story to break through barriers and reach a heroic life states of actualized potential.
Mentor Agility’s trauma informed coaches are trained with specific skill sets for behavior change helping clients reconfigure their self narrative, set goals, increase motivation, generate accountability and increase performance. Coaches learn how to work with trauma, burnout, and stress to alleviate distress and help clients make better choices. By assisting clients in adjusting everyday behaviors to support resiliency, overall health and wellness, improve habits, reduce stress and create a new story that excites and motivates the client, coaches can help clients move into a growth mindset and get their lives on a track with creativity and excitement.
What makes our coaching approach distinctive from other programs is our application of the coaching core competencies through the lens of storytelling. Trainees will learn how to use the step-by-step coaching process using the playful and imaginative Hero’s Journey® Change Model designed to ignite clients intrinsic motivation.
By combining storytelling methods with the coaching structure, coaches will learn to map out a client’s journey based on their stage of change and individualize the coaching process to meet client’s needs.
Through the Hero’s Journey® Change Model, coaches can engage clients on their own hero’s path to rewrite their story in an inspired direction of transformational change.
- Apply the Hero’s Journey® Change Model with clients to identify their stage in the change process
- Assess which coaching techniques to use based on clients’ stage of the Hero’s Journey® Change Model
- Demonstrate ability to co-create opportunities with the client for ongoing learning
- Design action steps based clients stage in the Hero’s Journey® Change Model
- Units: 22
- Instructors: Dr. Julie Elledge
- Schedule: 7/12, 7/19, 7/26, 8/2 2022
- Time: 10:00am – 12:00pm MST (Denver)
- Language: English
- Prerequisite: High School Degree
- Investment: $924
Who should take this certification?
Those who are interested in:
- The Hero’s Journey®
- Storytelling in coaching