Ecosystems of the Mind: Mastering the Metaphor
From master storyteller John Bucher and coach Julie Elledge comes a paradigm disruptor. The work-life balance metaphor was born in a different century and has outlived its usefulness. Influenced by technology, today’s work environments are increasingly complex, with 24/7 operations, remote workplaces, and instant gratification culture on the rise. Leading to feelings of intense pressure and lack of time, these environments blur the lines of work and home.
The outdated work-life balance metaphor promotes a version of reality based on unrealistic, quick fix solutions that leave clients feeling guilty, empty and unmotivated when they don’t get the balance just right.
Ecosystems of the Mind is a two course series, exclusive to Mentor Agility that explores metaphor and answers the call for a wider and more comprehensive framework for a holistic life.
In Mastering the Metaphor, coaches will dive deeper into specific ecosystem elements, learning how to weave the natural world into a client’s story. This course focuses on crafting metaphor-based questions to raise awareness, provoke insight, and prompt clients to articulate the nuances of their inner journey.
- Set a context for powerful conversations that facilitate clients ability to between the big picture of where the client is heading and where to client wishes to go
- Promote clients self-discipline without proving resistance using storytelling
- Develop a specific plan with related time frames and intended priorities
- Develop clients ability to make decisions, address key concerns and the ability to reflect on and learn from experiences
- Hours: 12 units
- Schedule: Sept. 29, Oct 6, 13, 20, 27, Nov 3 2022
- Time: 10:00 – 12:00pm MST (Denver)
- Instructors: Dr. John Bucher
- Language: English
- Prerequisite: High School Degree
- Investment: $722
Who should take this certification?
- Creativity Coaches
- Life Coaches
- Health & Wellness Coaches
- Group Coaches
- Business Coaches
- Leadership Coaches
- Executive Coaches
- Virtual Coaches