Ecosystems of the Mind: Building a Better Story
From master storyteller John Bucher and coach Julie Elledge comes a paradigm disruptor. The work-life balance metaphor was born in a different century and has outlived its usefulness. Influenced by technology, today’s work environments are increasingly complex, with 24/7 operations, remote workplaces, and instant gratification culture on the rise. Leading to feelings of intense pressure and lack of time, these environments blur the lines of work and home.
The outdated work-life balance metaphor promotes a version of reality based on unrealistic, quick fix solutions that leave clients feeling guilty, empty and unmotivated when they don’t get the balance just right.
Ecosystems of the Mind is a two course series, exclusive to Mentor Agility that explores metaphor and answers the call for a wider and more comprehensive framework for a holistic life.
In Building A Better Story, coaches will explore various symbols of nature in pathways to meaning. Coaches will learn how to guide clients in mapping out their own personal ecosystems, reframing their approach in managing stress, work, and life. This course focuses on understanding how the various elements in a client’s ecosystem work holistically together in their life.
- Set a context for powerful conversations that facilitate clients ability to move between the big picture of where the client is heading and where to client wishes to go
- Promote clients self-discipline without proving resistance using storytelling
- Develop a specific plan with related time frames and intended priorities for client achievement and goals.
- How to interpret a clients story and develop deep questions for client reflection.
- Develop clients ability to make decisions, address key concerns and the ability to reflect on and learn from experiences
- Units: 4
- Instructors: Dr. John Bucher PCC
- Schedule: 8/18, 8/25, 9/1, 9/8, 9/15 & 9/22. 10:00 – 12:00 PM MST
- Language: English
- Prerequisite: High School Degree
- Investment: $722.00