- This course closed on .
Nature Immersion Walks From our home in Jackson Hole, the coaches of Mentor Agility enjoy the privilege of partnering with the dramatic nature that surrounds us to help clients clear their minds, redefine their narratives and enhance their creativity. For many clients, a directed, moderated walk through the natural world provides the impetus and inspiration to unlock their own creative abilities and discover their truer narratives. Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. —Albert Einstein In this unique course, we guide coaches through the processes of working with clients in nature; on a mountain trail, a forest meditation, a beach or prairie walk or, conversely, the act of remaining still and immersed in the natural world. Combining the positive experience of movement and exercise, or thoughtful contemplation, with the immersive properties of nature, encompassing sights, sounds, smells and their integration in the natural world, a nature walk provides the ideal environment for both exploration and introspection. Coaches will learn to isolate clients’ individual senses to help them discover a more expansive whole. You will learn how simply the practice of walking can raise consciousness. How interaction with nature can lower blood pressure, enhance sleep patterns and other health benefits. How the visual stimulation of nature can inspire exploring creative expression through words, visuals and ideas. How the sounds of nature can enhance reflection and inspire introspection. The clarity generated from interaction with nature facilitates a unique capacity to recenter a client’s consciousness and reshape a narrative that has become unfocused or confused. This course will help you guide your clients to this level of clarity, no matter where you live. Help your clients achieve clarity, serenity and mindfulness that can be reached in nature with you as their guide. Enhance their health and their mental state. We’ll teach you how – – and why. This course will combine presentations, breakout sessions and videos with real Mentor Agility coaching clients who have agreed to share their experiences to help teach the techniques they have benefitted from.
- Apply knowledge of the mind and body’s positive responses to nature into an improved capacity for creativity and mindfulness leading to improved self perceptions.
- Apply the inherent human affinity for the outdoors and nature towards a client’s more creative and open mindset.
- Apply your clients’ creativity and self expression through a guided immersion into nature.
- What do I need to succeed in this course and topic area?
- An open mind, a love of nature
- A commitment to improving clients’ lives and a passion for creativity.
- My practice is in an urban area. Can I benefit from this course?
- Yes. Even the most urbanized areas of the US have open lands that are specifically preserved to provide natural retreats. We will outline the best ways to find those areas in your market to work with your clients.
- How can I apply these practices with clients who are older or less fit than others?
- None of the applications you will learn in this course require above average fitness levels. You will be able to adapt to your clients’ fitness level and learn how to find accessible areas that don’t require strenuous exercise.
- Will I need permits to access natural areas for the purposes of coaching?
- Check regulations in your area. Most city, state and regional parks permit usage that doesn’t interfere with the enjoyment of others. For Federal lands, National Parks can limit for profit businesses from operating in the parks without a permit.
Meet the instructor: Dr. Julie Elledge as three board certifications in professional coaching: PCC, BCC, and NBC-HWC. She is also a licensed family therapist, an educator with her PhD in Education, author and a recognized expert in creativity and organizational dynamics.
- Enrollment in this course closed on .