Chronic Illness and a Healthy Lifestyle
Chronic illness is perhaps the greatest challenge to a client’s Comprehensive Well Being. Learn how to work with clients coping with chronic illness and guide them in making credible choices to advance their quality of life.
A primary goal of Health and Wellness coaching is to guide clients through the process of making lifestyle changes to support healthy and happy lives, particularly in the face of health challenges and stressful times.
The Mentor Agility Coaching Wellness course series prepares coaches for the National Board of Health and Wellness Coaching Exam and teaches coaches how to work with clients to design holistic and balanced lifestyles.
Mentor Agility’s trauma informed coaches are trained with specific skill sets for behavior change helping clients reconfigure their self narrative, set goals, increase motivation, generate accountability and increase performance. Coaches learn how to work with trauma, burnout, and stress to alleviate distress and help clients make better choices. By assisting clients in adjusting everyday behaviors to support resiliency, overall health and wellness, improve habits, reduce stress and create a new story that excites and motivates the client, coaches can help clients move into a growth mindset and get their lives on a track with creativity and excitement.
What makes our coaching approach distinctive from other programs is our application of the coaching core competencies through the lens of storytelling. Trainees will learn how to use the step-by-step coaching process using the playful and imaginative Hero’s Journey® Change Model designed to ignite clients intrinsic motivation.
In Chronic Illness and Healthy Lifestyle, coaches will learn an overview of the signs, symptoms, and risk factors associated with the most common chronic diseases.
- Gain general knowledge about healthy living to facilitate health and wellness coaching conversations.
- Learn the relevant guidelines and recommendations in the areas of health promotion, disease prevention, and lifestyle medicine.
- Identify risk factors, biometric measures, and screening procedures for chronic diseases
- Apply coaching skills to guide clients in a self-directed, evolving process to reach wellness potential
- Units: 2
- Instructors: Dr. Julie Elledge
- Schedule: Self Paced
- Language: English
- Prerequisite: High School Degree
- Investment: $62.00
Who should take this certification?
- Health & Wellness Coaches
- Personal Trainers